Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Unit 3 Personal wellness reflection

I try to live a healthy life but it's funny that I never actually sit back and think about how far I have come, much less talking to my doctor about that journey. Guess now is as good a time as any! I would have to relate my (A)Physical Well-being with a 7. Usually it would be higher but these days I have not been exercising as much as I should. It shouldn't be an excuse but I just moved back home while my boyfriend is away with the military and so I really haven't been motivated, added with that is the fact that I feel like there's always something to be done, and that doesn't mean exercise. I still eat well and I have kept up my meditation, and am active, which is why the number wasn't lower! Hopefully soon ill make some changes. For my (B) Spiritual Well-being I think a 6 would be accurate. I use to be very involved in my church and took the time to maintain that relationship but over the past few years life has come in between and that is 100% something I want to change. I still meditate as I said before so I'm not completely unhealthy but it makes me sad to think about how much more I could do, Last but not least my (C) Psychological well-being. Now my boyfriend would probably say a 2 just because being a woman I'm pretty moody but I'd say a 5/6, and it's low because of stress, especially about him leaving and the need to address some things that I haven't in regards to communication.

Goals for each area:
A-Start exercising again, and keep up with the yoga stretches. Create and stick to a schedule for the week, I can look back at previous classes for help with this.
B-Being back home now church is only 20 mins away, instead of 3-10h so i'd like to start going again.
C-Include positive thought changes in my meditation, and make an effort to write in a journal so as to improve getting out how I feel and communicate better.

Ways to get there:
A-Since I dont have my apartment gym any more I can join or even get a part time job at the gym right down the road. Make a schedule and set aside a specific time to exercise.
B-Start going to church with my Grandma, can't disappoint her!
C-Keep a journal by my bed and begin writing every night, also by being able to only write letter to Justin while he's away I have to learn to communicate better with words than actions.

Crime of the Century reflection:
WOW I did not enjoy this exercise at all! It was soo frustrating for me. I dont know if any one else had this problem but I could not hear him talking at all. I turned my volume all the way up and put my ear next to the speaker with no avail. I could barely hear him describing how he was going to take me through a a rainbow of colors and their representations. The first one, the color red around the spine (I think) and how it represents being grounded was the only one I could hear fully and that "image" didn't really draw me in or make much sense. I think i"m just frustrated with the sound and I'm pretty sure it became more quite as we went along, but I'm less relaxed now than I was before. :(

2 comments:

  1. Ashley,
    I am the same on many of the ratings...I too would like to exercise more like I used to, and want to start working out 3/wk. I tried yoga a few times at the gym last year, and would love to get into it again. The issue I had was starting to work at the gym's daycare. I would bring my kids with my for 3 hours a few times a week, then felt guilty if I brought them back so I could workout. I never workout now, even though I have a free membership for working there! I felt so good when I worked out, relieved a lot of stress.
    I like your idea of writing in a journal, it would help me vent. I used to do this a lot as a teen, but my sister found it and showed my mother very private things! I threw all journals away and haven't done it since...I do remember that I felt relaxed when writing out my feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I don't exercise as much as I Should either. It use to be on a regular but either I feel to tired, lazy, stressed, or something else to do it. My goal is to start eating health and exercising more. I didn't find the exercise to be frustrating at all. I had the same problem with not being able to hear the guy but if you use head phones you can hear him much better. I think next time you may want to try that.

    ReplyDelete