Monday, October 4, 2010

Unit 10 final post

Goals for each area:
A-Start exercising again, and keep up with the yoga stretches. Create and stick to a schedule for the week, I can look back at previous classes for help with this.
B-Being back home now church is only 20 mins away, instead of 3-10h so i'd like to start going again.
C-Include positive thought changes in my meditation, and make an effort to write in a journal so as to improve getting out how I feel and communicate better.

Ways to get there:
A-Since I dont have my apartment gym any more I can join or even get a part time job at the gym right down the road. Make a schedule and set aside a specific time to exercise.
B-Start going to church with my Grandma, can't disappoint her!
C-Keep a journal by my bed and begin writing every night, also by being able to only write letter to Justin while he's away I have to learn to communicate better with words than actions.


Above listed are my goals and activites I set for myself back in unit three. I certainly have started exercising, running and my boyfriend and I have decided to join the high peaks club climbing mountains in the ADK park here in NY. Since I now live in NY I dont have that gym down the road but I can start running in town. Same with church and Grandma, I'm to far to go with her but I do intend to start going on my own. Thats a goal I still need to work on but considering the moves and what not I think I still have some time to find a good church. I no longer need to write letters to Justin as he's here with me! So ill have to learn to communicate in a different way.

I am happy with the progress I have made so far, but I still have a little work to do. I think that considering the changes we have made in life in the past two weeks I'm on a pretty good path towards reaching my goals. They need to be tweaked a little to fit the current circumstances but thats okay, have to roll with the punches.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ash,

    You really have made some big life changes in the past few weeks, and all the while you were completing your coursework too. I sure hope you have remembered to reward yourself along the way, cause I think you are doing a great job of setting some new goals! This class was such an eye-opener as to just how important it is to take time to evaluate your wellness and set goals to accomplish all that you want. I cannot wait to share what I know with the kids in my community when I am working as a professional soon. If only I knew then (when I was younger) what I know now, eh? It was a pleasure to be your classmate and I wish you all the best in your future and your wellness goals! Take care of you!!

    ReplyDelete