
The loving kindness exercise is still a great way to reduce that stress and anger that other people can bring out in us. I really enjoy the sense of peace and positive energy that it creates. For me it's hard to keep my patience in large group settings, I get anxious when there are a lot of people around but these phrases are a great little mantra to remain calm, love and wish the best for the people around me.
The integral assessment was a little more difficult in that it's hard to pinpoint exactly what I want to work on. I guess right now I would like to focus on the psycho spiritual aspect of my life and also to improve certain interpersonal aspects. I hope that in focusing on these parts of myself I can obtain greater patients (the loving-kindness exercise is great for that one!) and to use the time I have over the next few months to arrange the priorities in my life and to be More active in reaching goals. I am hoping that these exercises will help me to stay more in touch with my inner self and to reach a higher level of wellness.
Hi Ashley!
ReplyDeleteI get anxious too in large groups, especially when it seems like I can't get out if I need to or when there is a lot of noise. Weird, I know. I liked the Univeral Loving Kindness exercise too because of the mantra, which really helped me to stay focused on the loving thoughts I was trying to cultivate. I just know you will be sucessful at reaching your wellness goals too because your posts are always so reflective and full of positiveness. I bet you have an awesome aura about you. Just a feeling I have. Good luck on practicing your exercises (I so have to keep practicing, lol)
Blessings to you!
I am another one who gets anxious when in large groups and I keep trying to convince myself it is not necessary to be so. I beleive I will continue to use this technique when in large crowds. It will help bring me down and decrease the reaction to someone elses action.
ReplyDeleteI think having goals is very important. If we don’t write them down and work on them, they don’t have as much impact for us. Achieving a goal brings us so much satisfaction. Just be careful, plan goals that are in line with what you want and are actually achievable. Dacher says, “There is only the increasing awareness of where you are in the integral process and where you would like to go” (2006, p 113).
ReplyDeleteKnowing the order of priorities also gives a sense of order, belonging, and calmness. Good luck to you and your assessment.
Cami T.
Reference
Dacher, E. (2006). Integral Health: The Path to Human Flourishing. Laguna Beach, CA: Basic Health Publications.