The exercises we have done though out this semester all have their own merit and worth in the world. I love the loving-kindness one in particular because it serves as a great outlet in the many stressful situations that happen on a daily basis when dealing with people. I have a hard time dealign with large groups of people anyways so this tool is crucial for me to love and appreciate people on all levels in all moods. No one can always have a great day and it's important for us to remember that and put ourselves in others shoes.

I would have to say that the second most beneficial exercise (for me anyways) was the meditation. To have those visualizations on hand for mornings, or evening when I need a moment of peace has really helped me get through a very stressful past 7 weeks. The changes in life are easier accepted when we have an outlet for stress.
I hope to eliminate many stressors in my life by using these exercises to both understand and appreciate the goodwill in life and the positive outlook we should strive for.
You are right, all the exercises during the course have their own purposes and effects depending on the person and how they are effected by them. However, it is good to at least try the other exercises as best as possible to get the experience. Stressors can come from anywhere and can effect anyone. As you said it, these exercises can help to managage them. You did a great job with this week's blog.
ReplyDeleteJonathan
Hi Ashley,
ReplyDeleteGreat post, these exercise definitely help in stress reduction and lowering blood pressure. It is great tool to have learned, practiced, and use in our hectic everyday life. I firmly believe that these tools help us cope with the everyday stresses in our life which can help prevent illnesses such as hypertension, diabetes, and heart problems.
Heidi
Hi Ashley,
ReplyDeleteThe colors you've chosen for your blog site along with the pictures you use is very nice and also relaxing. I agree with you in regards to your feelings about the Loving-Kindness exercise. I have used it many times. I think that lack of knowledge about meditation, visualization and the positive effects their use has on the body is a tragedy. They are non-toxic, readily available and simple to do yet for the most part they aren't used. I'm happy to hear that their use have helped you through the past 7 weeks. I enjoyed your post.
Be well.
~Mary
Ashley
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you found those exercises so beneficial. I too pick loving-kindness and visualization as the two I felt were the most beneficial. It is true that day to day there will always be things in life that can cause stress and most of the time it is people. By learning to not focus on ourselves we can become a benefit to others and allows our minds to rest.
Heather